Castle Carrock School Primary PE and Sports Premium Report 2017 – 18
The Sports Premium grant is ring-fenced and must be used to fund improvements to the provision of PE and sport for the benefit of pupils aged 5-11 years old, so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles.
Within our school development plan we had highlighted several areas to focus on:
- We developed staff CPD to give confidence and develop key skills in the delivery of PE and School Sports.
- We ensured our PE curriculum developed a healthy lifestyle.
- We developed PE and Sports provision so that all children access activities they enjoy and develop their skills.
- We participated in competitive sports provision within the local area.
- We ensured our environment is fit for purpose and equipment encourages safe and adventurous play.
In 2017-18 we received £16,680 – we used this money in a variety of ways:
- Employ specialist coaches to provide high quality PE teaching and enhance teachers’ professional development in a wide range of sports including gymnastics, football, cricket, cheerleading and dance.
- To purchase new equipment –including allowing the children Playground Leaders to develop their own wishlist connected to playtime activities which they then lead.
- Travel for swimming provision – ensuring that 100% of children pass the KS2 swimming standard. For the 2017 to 2018 academic year, 100% of our Year 6 pupils have reached the national curriculum requirement to swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres. (They are all able to swim using a range of strokes effectively and perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations).
- Inclusion in the William Howard ‘Primary Sports and Outreach Programs’ to ensure that every child has the chance to be involved in sport, and participate in School Games.
- Transport to sporting events to enable the children to take part in events with other schools, such as the Talkin Tarn Cross Country Race where all KS2 children participated.
- Extra curricular activities which show how our school has a fantastic sporting ethos – our running club is always busy and we have great success with runners – particularly seen last year with gold medal winners for our younger children and a Y6 child coming third at the cross country.
- Develop and enhance our curriculum through experiences such as bouldering, cheerleading and cycling.
- Sports Festivals that our children can attend free of charge – giving them the chance to meet future classmates, share ideas and learn from each other. These festivals are always over subscribed!