I hope the summer treated you well and you managed to get away (at least in your head!) for a while. Whilst staff and pupils prepare for a return to ‘normality’ it is important to remember that we are still within a pandemic.
This blog post will just outline some of the Covid-19 measures we are talking as we prepare for the children to return on Thursday.
The website page with links has been updated – and can be found here. Current government advice carries recommendations for schools to help mitigate risks – but gives us no direct measures that we must follow. As such, and with help from our Health and Safety partners we have a comprehensive risk assessment which has a common-sense approach to what is possible within our school community.
Some measures in place include:
- minimising visitors into school (parents will only come on site with an appointment, for example)
- Ensuring adequate ventilation as far as possible
- An outbreak management plan to ensure that we are prepared in the event of an ‘outbreak’ (Defined as five cases which are likely to have mixed closely)
- Maintaining hygiene for staff and pupils – including regular surface cleaning and the washing of hands
- Regular testing for staff
However, it is not all about the pandemic!
There is much to look forward to this year – we welcome Miss Raymode into Class 1 – who will be teaching alongside Mrs Grayson this year. We also have the pantomime to look forward to – Humpty Dumpty – December 2nd!
Class 1 and Class 2 – PE days are Monday and Wednesday
Class 3 and Class 4 – PE Days are Tuesday and Thursdsay
Children need to be in PE Kit on these days.
Dates for your diary
‘How we use phonics to teach reading and writing’ – Tuesday 14th September – 9am – Parent Session for Class 1 and Class 2 parents.
‘How we use Google Classroom and Google Apps’ – Tuesday 21st September – Parent Session – mainly for Class 3 parents (or Year 3) – but anyone can come along if they want a refresher.