As I write this there is just over a week to go before we are to welcome the children back into school – and it really does feel like a lifetime ago since we were all together. I just wanted to keep you up to date with the preparations that we are undertaking as a school ahead of September.
Currently we are ensuring that the risk assessments and procedures we have in place meet government guidelines and advice. We take advice from our Heath and Safety advisers for this – and I anticipate that over the next week or so we may receive further guidance. Once completed this will be on the website.
School will look and feel different – and whilst we can be slightly more relaxed than we were in June there are many different procedures that are in place. Many of these such as frequent washing of hands and staggered lunch breaks will require school staff to work with pupils ensuring they understand the reasoning behind the changes. Others – such as entering school through a different door, only coming onto the site with an appointment and maintaining correct social distance will require your support.
Home Schooling may also make a return. This could be through families who are isolating, or a school bubble that is sent home or even local lockdown. To make this as smooth as possible we will maintain our plans and resources on the school website and we will be holding some online workshops looking at some of the software and apps we use in school.
School governors will continue to meet regularly – reviewing not only risk assessments and procedures but also the learning provision and the preparations for home school learning.
Finally, the letter that went home in July still stands:
- school uniform is optional until January
- children should come into school in their PE kit on PE days.
- Teachers will be in touch regarding an online meeting prior to coming back into school.
- We will let parents know of planning and any dates within the first week.
- Reception children have a staggered start
- school dinners will happen as normal.
- After school club / Breakfast Club will begin the following week (Monday the 7th) and will finish earlier initally – 5pm.